Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 1

When I woke up on the morning of my first scheduled visit, I was a little nervous at first but when I got there it was great. My mom drove me to the Pawcatuck Neighborhood Center early on the first Saturday morning of winter break. As I walked into the building they were having a meeting about what they were going to do today. So I signed in and went over to talk to Mrs.Granato. Mrs. Granato is a very nice lady and she gave me a run down on what they were doing and how I could help. She set me at ease. Then the work began! first I was checking the bags for the fruit and vegetables for holes. Then after all the bags were checked I went over to putting apples in a bag. For each bag there were three apples and three oranges. Soon we ran out of apples and we moved on to packing boxes. As each box was stacked full of food I felt and accomplishment because I new those boxes were going to somebody who needed them. At about 11:30 I signed out and left feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment