Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Essay #7

trapped in a cage
scout runs into the light

The Cage of Life:
The Comparison Between Chapter 15 in To Kill A Mockingbird, a Bird in a Cage, and Your Life
An Essay by: Ashlyn Buffum
January 10, 2012
8th Grade English
Pine Point School
        Ever you ever been trapped in the cage of life and no way out? In the book To Kill A Mockingbird when I read chapter 15 I thought that a cage was slowly closing in on Scout and her family. Also, not only can a cage trap some one in a book but also in real life. For example, In my life I have had many instances. There are so many parts in my life and in the life of Scout that trap us in a cage.
       There are so many kinds of cages and so many kinds of people in both fiction and reality. “Jem shrieked and tried to catch me, but I had a lead on him and Dill. I pushed my way through dark smelly bodies and burst into the circle of light.” In this incident Scout runs to Atticus straight into an angry mob. Scout had just run into a cage. These people had trapped her in a situation she didn’t want to be in, but let her go in the end. While in reality sometimes you don’t get away so easily. For example, in my life and in all of our lives we are penalized for what we do wrong. You must always be vigilant and make sure you are doing the best you can. For example, In my life with assessment and applications coming up I’m stuck in my cage of what I have to do before the year is up and what I must do well. This kind of cage is called the cage of life with its bars making sure that the bird can’t fly up into the sky. Flying and wheeling on the wind the little bird rose up into the sky. There are so many kinds of cages and so many different lives with so many different problems In both fiction and reality.
        Everyone has there own cage because everyone is different. Even if they are in a book or in real life there will always be some sort of cage in there life to trap them. This cage will restrict them from flying and flying high in sky. We are all different and still have cages that restrict us but we still sing with all our hearts with the hope that someday we will be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment