Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Essay #8

Mildness of the World:

An Essay About What Mildness Means and How it is in My Life and In To Kill A Mockingbird
Essay by: Ashlyn Buffum
8th Grade
   Pine Point School
January 28, 2012





Are you kind? Can you be calm in any situation? many people can’t but some can. For example, people in my life and also the characters in the book To Kill A Mockingbird. If everyone was calm there would be a lot less fighting. Mildness many different people have it in To Kill A Mockingbird and my life.
Atticus staying calm during the trial
TS: n the book To Kill A Mocking Bird there are many characters who are mild and also opposite of mild. SD: For example, Atticus the father of Scout and Jem is very tranquil, he calmly speaks and tries to never yell at Scout or Jem, and he is also very calm in the face of danger. CM: For example, “Nobody got out. We saw Atticus look up from his Newspaper. He closed it, folded it deliberately, dropped it in his lap, and pushed his hat to the back of his head. He seemed to expecting them.” CM: Reading Atticus showed no fear when men came closer and closer to where he was sitting under the light bulb in front of the Maycomb jail. SD: Also, two other characters in the book show something reverse from calmness, but they continue to grow. CM: Scout in the beginning of the book was always prepared for a fight. CM: For example, “Catching Walter Cunningham in the schoolyard gave me some pleasure, but when I was rubbing his nose in the dirt Jem came by and told me to stop. “You’re bigger’n he is,” he said”. SD: Jem as well until he started grow older and become more responsible the same as Scout.C:  There are many dissimilar traits to the characters in To Kill A Mockingbird and the Finch family is one of the families that stay calm the best they can in any situation.
        TS: Not only are there calm and patient people in To Kill A Mockingbird but also in my life. SD: For example, My parents are always kind and always try to be calm. CM: They always calm when I am not and help me get through a crisis. CM: Loving my parents’ stroll with me through the steps that I take when I was first started to walk to the time when I started my 8th grade year and they will continue to be by my side for the rest of my life. SD: My friends also are very calm in some situations but like Scout and Jem we are still growing. SD:  I also try to be patient and calm during my life. CM: Sitting I look calmly up at the Stars remembering past memories and the people who cared for me with gentleness and the love  they showed me over the years of my life. SD: If every family were like my family there would be no more war in the world and everyone would be calm and gentle to each other. CM: Also, if everyone kind to each other no one would be hurt on purpose. CM: Peace is something to be achieved by the simplest of tasks. CM: For example, just saying something kind to soothe someone’s mind and bring a little piece of peace into his or her lives. C: Peace can be achieved by being mild and calm and anyone can do it.
From peace to people mildness affects lots of people. Even in To Kill A Mockingbird had people who were mild and also my life has people who try to be calm in a crisis. Everyone can be calm and gentle with others to make the world a better place. Everyone can make a difference in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment