Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Visit #4


Today I learned about the backpack program. This is a program that feeds school children during the weekends. School kids that are qualified for lunch and sometimes breakfast at there schools come and pick up the weekends. During the time at the Pawcatuck Neighborhood Center I stacked the food for the Backpack program. I also put some of the food away in the pantry for later use by clients. By putting away the food in the pantry I saw how much little there really was. Especially in the peanut butter section. There was only two or three jars, but on the jelly side it was overflowing. This made me think how much they depend on what people donate and how much they donate. I wonder if every part of the PNC depend on the people who donate? I can’t wait to go back and help a little bit more with the struggle against poverty.

No comments:

Post a Comment